Are Lawns environment friendly?
While you love your lawn, it is possible to also care about the environment and how your actions affect it. Are lawns good for the environment? As a responsible citizen of Lynnwood. This question is frequently asked by homeowners in Lynnwood. Lawn care Lynnwood wants to help you clarify some issues and answer any questions that may be affecting your decision to care for your lawn.
Are Lawns good for the environment?
The short answer to this question is yes. The short answer is yes. A healthy lawn can actually improve the environment in many key ways, contrary to what you might have heard. These are some positive environmental effects of lawns that you should be aware of:
- Turf traps dust and smoke particles in the atmosphere, which helps keep the air cleaner.
- A thick lawn can absorb stormwater runoff pollutants, reducing the amount that ends up in the sewer system.
- Turf absorbs carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and other pollutants, which results in cleaner air.
- Turfgrass's oxygen production is a positive contribution to the environment. A lawn 50 x 50 feet can provide enough oxygen for four people.
- Turfgrass can absorb noise, reducing the amount of pollution.
Lawn Environmental Concerns
Lawns are a strong contributor to a healthy environment because of the many benefits mentioned. These benefits depend on the health and thickness of your turfgrass. To achieve thickness and strong health, lawns need extra help from lawn care services such as hiring landscaping company Lynnwood wa for your lawn care.
Ironically, it is these types of services where people start to have lawn environmental concerns. They may worry that the products being used to treat their lawn could be harmful to the environment in some way. There should be no concern if lawn care is done in a responsible manner. It is important to choose a company that takes extra precautions in order to be responsible and careful.
These are some things that a responsible company could do.
- Spot spray is a way to be environmentally responsible. While blanket treatments are sometimes necessary at first, until weeds are under control and at peak times, a responsible company will not use more than what is needed.
- When work is done, there will be an emphasis placed on cleaning up the area. This includes blowing away any granular products that may have made their way onto the driveway or walkway. Granules are blown into the grass to absorb the nutrients.
- They will be thoughtful in their product selection and will choose products with minimal environmental impact.
- Responsible companies will use crabgrass preventers to stop the majority of the weed from growing. This proactive approach will result in a reduction in product application and a decrease in the need for post-emergent crabgrass treatment. A proactive company can also perform a preventative application of grub control to avoid having to apply the curative product later.
- They can also make buffers to prevent water from running into sensitive areas like gardens, swimming pools, and koi fish ponds. Responsible lawn care companies will consider the possibility of potential problems in your environment.
Responsible lawn care is provided by professionals
Having professional landscapers take care of your lawn is a great way to ensure that it is done correctly and responsibly. Many do-it-yourselfers don't know how to properly use lawn care products. This could lead to more damage than professional lawn care.